Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

There is a Hole in My Sidewalk

I have read and heard this story many times over the past twenty or so years.  There are a few versions with slight variations.  What message can you take from it?


*************
There Is a Hole in My Sidewalk
Autobiography in Five Short Chapters

By Portia Nelson
 



1.     I walk down the street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost. I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.  
2.     I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it. I fall in again. I can't believe I am in this same place. But it isn't my fault. It still takes a long time to get out.  

3.     I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it is there. I fall in.  It's a habit...but my eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.  
4.      I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.  
5.      I walk down a different street.  
**********************

Many counselors and therapists use this to “measure” the steps of recovery.  However, I think we can all apply these “steps” to a time in our personal lives or our business growth.  Give it some thought.  If you are still “falling in the hole,” what step have you reached? 

========================

 

For affordable discount plans to reduce your Health and Dental expenses AND reduce costs on Hearing, Vision, Prescriptions, Roadside Assistance, Lifelock™ and even more, visit: http://ibourl.net/XpressSavings (NOT insurance).

 

Please visit my Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/XpressHealthcareTheWinnersCircle 


For Xpress Healthcare® business opportunity info, http://joinxpresshealthcare.com




No comments:

Post a Comment